Microsoft Project is a project management software product, developed and sold by Microsoft. It is designed to assist a project manager in developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analyzing workloads.
Microsoft Project was the company’s third Microsoft Windows-based application, and within a couple of years of its introduction it became the dominant PC-based project management software.
It is part of the Microsoft Office family but has never been included in any of the Office suites. It is available currently in two editions, Standard and Professional. Microsoft Project’s proprietary file format is .mpp.
Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server are the cornerstones of the Microsoft Office enterprise project management (EPM) product.
Project 2016 adds a new Reports section, backwards-compatibility with Project Server 2013, better integration with other Microsoft products, and improved appearance of user interface items:
Allows user to customize views to have multiple timeline bars and custom date ranges in a single view.
- Gives features for resource planning coordination between Project Manager and Resource Manager.
- Office 2016 style theme and help.
- Uses the new Office query ‘tell me what you want to do.
- Backwards compatibility with Microsoft Project Server 2013.
- The transition of enterprises from one version to the next may be eased by this product being able to interact with the earlier version of server.
Duration - 2Days Workshop + Post Workshop Support.
- 2 days Instructor-Led Classroom training from Certified Trainer of Senior Profile.
- Course materials (soft copy) and practice exercises for exam.
- Course Completion certificate