The Internet of Things (IoT) is ushering a new era in science and technology, which will forever change our personal as well as professional lives, our consumer habits and the way we do business. With the fast-changing world, these latest inventions and innovations will become the norm by 2020 and we estimate more than 50 billion devices will be connected via the Internet. In order to create early adopters, we have introduced a one of its kind course on ‘Internet of Things’, the next big thing in the IT industry.
Basics Computer Knowledge. Knowledge on C / C++ / Embedded C would be beneficial however not mandatory since the basics will be covered as a part of training.
Duration: 2Days WorkShop + Post WorkShop Support
INTRODUCTION- CONCEPTS AND TECHNOLOGIES BEHIND INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT)
Concepts & Definitions
Identification, localization, wireless protocols, data storage and security; Collecting, communicating, coordinating, and leveraging the data from connected devices; understand how to develop and implement IoT technologies, solutions, and applications. Machine Learning, Distributed Computing, Artificial Intelligence.
- IoT Network Architecture
- IoT Device Architecture
- IoT Application Architecture
- Client Server vs Publish Subscribe Architecture
IOT DEVICE DESIGN & MANAGEMENT
- Sensors – Classification & selection criteria based on nature, frequency and amplitude of signal
- Embedded Development Boards – Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel Galileo, ESP8266
- Interfacing peripherals & Programming GPIOs – Input/output peripherals, Sensor modules
- Design Considerations – Cost, Performance, Scalability & Power Consumption tradeoffs
- Overview of Operating Systems for IoT Devices: Linux, Contiki, Riot, Brillo
IOT COMMUNICATION PROTOCOLS
- Wired Communication Protocols – UART, USART, SPI, I2C, ModBUS, CAN
- Wireless Communication Protocols – Bluetooth, Beacons, WiFi, Overview of Zigbee, 6lowPAN, LPWAN and other IoT communication technologies and protocols (coverage area, frequency range, power usage, interference aspects and legalities)
- Networking Protocols – OSI Reference Model, TCP/IP, Ethernet
- Application Protocols – HTTP, Web sockets, MQTT, Overview of CoAP, XMPP, AMQP
- Device management, discovery, addressing
- Device to Device or Machine to Machine communication (M2M)
Concept & Architecture of Cloud
- Role of Cloud Computing in IoT
- Tools, API and Platform for integration of IoT devices with Cloud
- IoT cloud platform and integration with Gateway (Thingspeak, AWS IoT and Pubnub)
- Web services and APIs
- 2 days Instructor-Led Classroom training from Certified Trainer of Senior Profile.
- Course materials (soft copy) and practice exercises for exam.
- Course Completion certificate