COBIT 5 Certifications
DreamsPlus is one of the leading training institute in Chennai provides Cobit 5 training and certification and it is the latest edition of ISACA’s globally accepted framework and consists of five certification levels.
COBIT 5 Foundations
Obtaining the Foundation level demonstrates basic knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5 guidance, principles and models. Candidates will be able to:
- Gain a holistic understanding of the governance and management of an organization’s internal information systems and technology.
- Provide top management with an overview of current IT enterprise findings, identifying key problem areas of improvement.
- Recommend improvements, by implementation aspects of COBIT 5.
COBIT 5 Implementation
Practical understanding on how to implement, apply and integrate COBIT 5 within an organization, reducing business risk and improving business performance. Candidates will be able to:
- Effectively analyse business IT operations.
- Source the root of problem areas and implement change through scope and plan.
- Assess and resolve current process capabilities.
- Implement the latest good practices, in order to avoid future risk and process capability delay.
COBIT 5 Assessors
The Assessors level provides methods, guides and models, supported by several case studies that will provide knowledge on how to implement and process assessment. Learn how to analyse results to provide a clear outcome of process capabilities. Direct process improvements in accordance to current business goals and benchmarks, whilst measuring achievements. Candidates will be able to:
- Approach, plan and implement improvements using good practices.
- Implement one framework to support all IT management capabilities.
- Use COBIT 5 metrics and scorecards to create a performance measurement framework for an organization.
- Perform and process capability assessment using COBIT 5 guides, models and methods.
- Brief team members with clear plans and structure.
- Identify roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process.
COBIT 5 Assessor for Security
This level is based on a clear understanding of process cybersecurity capabilities of an IT system. It provides knowledge on how to perform a process assessment and how to analyse the results, to provide a clear determination of process cybersecurity capability.
COBIT 5 Implementing the NIST Standards using COBIT 5 (INCS):
Provides guidance on how to implement the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) through a seven-step process, aligned with COBIT 5 principles. Candidates will be able to:
- Understand in-depth the relationship between business information, IT systems and cybersecurity risk.
- Raise awareness of business impacts, as a result of cybersecurity factors.
- Reduce and manage the operational environment, by detecting and ultimately managing the possibility of a cybersecurity attack.
- Prioritize mission objectives in accordance to cyber threats.
- Detect and implement security controls, to bridge the gap between cybersecurity requirements and operational security risk.
Associated Certifications & Exam:
ISACA offers professionals who have mastered the content in the COBIT 5 Foundation course an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge by taking an exam and earning a foundation level certificate.
COBIT 5 Foundation Exam
ISACA offers professionals who have mastered the content in the COBIT 5 Foundation Course an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge by taking an exam and earning a certificate of completion. These professionals understand the IT management issues organizations face today and know how to use COBIT to respond to these challenges. These professionals have used the elements of COBIT, in practice, and are prepared to recommended applications of COBIT for enterprise-wide projects.
The exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions and requires a score of 50% or higher to pass.
|Audience||IT auditors, IT managers, IT quality professionals, IT leadership, IT developers, process practitioners, managers in IT service providing firms|
|Preparation Resources||COBIT 5 Foundation Course COBIT 5: A Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT|
Note: candidates are permitted to self-study for the COBIT 5 Foundation exam. ISACA does suggest that potential candidates first take the Foundation Course to help them successfully prepare for the Foundation Exam.
COBIT 5 Implementation Exam
For professionals that understand how to apply the all the elements of COBIT 5 across the enterprise and have mastered the approach to implementing the "Governance of Enterprise Information Technology or (GEIT)" based on a continual improvement life cycle. These professionals have demonstrated the understanding of how COBIT 5 should be tailored to suit an enterprise’s specific needs.
|Prerequisite||Successful completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam Successful completion of the COBIT 5 Implementation Course|
|Audience||IT auditors, IT managers, IT quality professionals, IT leadership, IT developers, process practitioners , Managers in IT service providing firms, business managers|
|Preparation Resources||COBIT 5 Implementation Course COBIT 5: A Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT COBIT 5 Implementation Guide|
Implementing NIST Cybersecurity Framework Using COBIT 5 Exam
ISACA offers professionals who have mastered the content in the COBIT 5 Foundation Course an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge by taking an exam and earning a certificate of completion. These professionals understand the goals and content of the Cybersecurity Framework and how implement the seven Cybersecurity Framework implementation steps using COBIT 5.
The exam consists of 75 multiple-choice questions and requires a score of 50% or higher to pass.
|Audience||Individuals with a basic understanding of both COBIT 5 and security concepts, and who are involved in improving the cybersecurity program for their enterprises.|
|Preparation Resources||COBIT 5 Foundation Course COBIT 5: A Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT Implementing NIST Cybersecurity Framework Using COBIT 5 (publication)|
After completing the COBIT 5 Foundation course, delegates will have a thorough understanding of:
- How IT management issues are affecting organizations
- The need for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT
- How COBIT meets the requirement for an IT governance framework
- How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
- The functions that COBIT provides and the benefits of using COBIT
- The COBIT Framework and all the components of COBIT
- How to apply COBIT in a practical situation
This course is developed for anyone interested in obtaining foundation-level knowledge of COBIT. This course explains the COBIT Framework and supporting materials in a logical and example-driven approach.
The target group of COBIT 5 Foundation course includes, but is not restricted to:
- IT auditors
- IT managers
- IT quality professionals
- IT leadership
- IT developers
- Process practitioners and managers in IT service firms
- Business Management and CEO’s
The 5 Key Principles of COBIT 5
1. Meeting stakeholder needs
2. Covering the Enterprise End-to-End
3. Applying a Single Integrated Framework
4. Enabling a Holistic Approach
5. Separating Governance From Management
Process Capability Assessment Model
Mapping Enterprise Goals & Processes
COBIT 5 Enablers
COBIT and Other Standards & Frameworks
COBIT 5 Assessor Exam
For those professionals that have mastered the understanding of how to perform a formal Process Capability Assessment and how it can be used to:
- Enable business goals
- Prioritize improvement initiatives
- Identify opportunities for improving the governance and management of information and technology assets
These professionals ensure stronger, more reliable control over internal processes and provide stakeholders a clear line of sight into process capabilities, allowing IT leaders to redirect or liberate resources – from service delivery to designing and implementing technology-enabled, information-rich and transformed business process – to increase innovation and value for the enterprise.
|Prerequisite||Successful completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam Successful completion of the COBIT 5 Assessor Course|
|Audience||Internal and External Auditors, IT Auditors and Consultants|
|Preparation Resources||COBIT 5 Assessor Course COBIT 5: A Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT The Assessor Guide: using COBIT 5 The Process Assessment Model (PAM): using COBIT|